November 30, 2011

DIY advent part 2

Well, I finished! I made it my goal to take every opportunity today to work on the advent calendar and it payed off. To find the first part of this DIY click here

       The next step in making the calendar is to sew your squares on your canvas. Again, I made 5 rows and 5 columns. Once you have your squares sewn on, you can go ahead and hem your canvas around the perimeter of the calendar. I used red thread to give a little hint of some Christmas color.


Finally I cut out 2 inch squares for the numbers and attached them on the pockets with paper clips.I like the idea of being able to switch where the numbers go each year. This is where you can get pretty creative. There are so many ways to print, paint, or draw the numbers. I love the idea of using mini cloths pins to attach the numbers too. 




1 comment:

  1. awww! It came out so good Aleina! You should really pat yourself on the back- and just in time for December 1st. You are a wonder woman! I am sure that your kiddos will cherish this every year and grow up with this lovely calender in their holiday memories. I am very proud of your first tutorial.

    ReplyDelete