September 15, 2011

Timing is everything

There is this handsome little boy who is staring right at me, content in his baby chair, who was not expected to arrive until September 17th. Shepherd Marion Hanson was born on August 28th, 2011, weighing in at 6lbs 3oz and 18.5 inches long. It was quite an ordeal getting him here too!!

 We were in Arlington, WA for a family reunion at my mom's house. All was well during the day on the 27th...then at about 7:30pm I began to notice an increase in pain when I was having contractions. By 8pm they were 4 minutes apart and I was in disbelief that I could give birth to Shepherd while I was away from home. Luckily I was placed in my mom's house, around people I love...especially Jeremy who could have been 2 1/2 hours away from me when I went into labor. He calmed me down and advised me to call the doctor. Minutes after my phone call with the nurse, she called me back stating I needed to head to the nearest hospital. So off we went!

         

            My sister and mom were excited and eager to drive us to Providence in Everett. By this point things were moving pretty quickly. We got checked in and I had all the necessary preparation's for delivery taken care of, until the doctor came in and checked on some problems I was having. He ended up telling us that they needed to do an emergency c-section because I had placenta trivia. Fort-five minutes later we had a beautiful little boy and I was in the recovery room.

      The whole time we were in the hospital Jeremy and I still couldn't grasp what had happened! It all was so quick and unexpected...but what a blessing it was to be with my husband during this experience.
We are now at home...2 weeks later, and recovery is going well thanks to family and friends!

Day 4 without Jeremy...hoping to get to see him a day early!

No comments:

Post a Comment